FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Palms Resort in Phoenix (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:39 pm
oc2005
Suspended

Originally Posted by Katlor
I stayed here this past week. For Diamond recognition, there is free breakfast ($29 per person at the restaurant). There's no club. They have free iced tea and water in the lobby, if they hadn't had that I probably would have requested free waters sent to my room. It seemed like there was a bit of an upgrade but it wasn't extravagant-- just a couple levels up to a nicer room with a patio (not a suite).

The hotel is very beautiful and peaceful, with lots of lush foliage, pretty fountains, and gorgeous 1920s architecture. People who prefer brand-new places probably wouldn't like it, but if you enjoy history and vintage style this is a fantastic hotel.
Definitely agree with your review. Just stayed here a couple of days ago, and we were really wowed by the place. Booked a P+C basic room as a Diamond, and got upgraded to a spa suite with a nice balcony. Room was very nice, and grounds were incredible! Preperty reminded us a little of a desert version of the Hotel Bel-Air in terms of the feel of the grounds and rooms. They were mostly familiar with Diamond benefits: gave us the choice of breakfast in the restaurant or room service, choice of points amenity or bottle of wine plus item from mini bar, and received 4pm late check out. Great addition to Hyatt and will definitely return.