FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Air Passenger Bill of Rights
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:44 pm
Wpgjetse
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yulred
I don't follow.

AC policy on weather delays: For circumstances outside Air Canada's control - If your flight has been rescheduled to depart the next day, Air Canada representatives will provide you with hotel contact information where you can obtain valued customer rates.

Presumably you're upset that AC will take away "valued customer rates"? Or do you think they'll take away the SE-specific goodwill gestures that don't apply to the vast majority of pax? (In which case, you might want to find a new FF program).

- 24 hour cancel policy - not sure if that's regulated or not (OTAs don't always allow it) but I can't see regulators banning it. Perhaps they'll allow AC to not have that policy and bring it in line with Expedia et al. Can't see the foreign competition getting rid of it.

- paying at the time of booking? Isn't that the new normal in the age of OTAs. Even my TA has a disclaimer saying the fare isn't guaranteed until it's booked. I can't see this affecting the vast majority of travellers.

- AC doesn't pay compensation in grey areas. It makes it clear that no compensation is due, and that anything provided is a goodwill gesture ($500 for a $5000 non-reclining seat on SYD-YVR). I can't see those types of 'gestures' going away because of a new regime. I'm sure they'll keep handing out 5-10% goodwill discount codes for 'grey areas'.

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with PY->Y downgrades. Definitely starting at zero there.
Sorry, I'm a glass 1/2 full guy, were you are always thinking the glasses is 1/2 empty.