FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back To Southern Africa
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:17 am
DanielW

Originally Posted by gaobest
Fabulous TR as always. I'm blown away by the gorgeous pictures - I've mentioned before that your pictures are very worthy of National Geographic and other fine magazines.

How sweet to be with your partner's family for this trip. And big kudos for introducing her to other nations in Africa - perhaps you'll both return to other African nations? I live in USA and have only been to Mexico in younger days and Vancouver for a concert - I've never visited other countries in the Americas but have visited places in Europe and Asia.

Ace that your underwater camera functioned!! Was this new or the Nikon which gave grief in Iceland?

Great food pictures - just shows that everywhere on earth has fabulous food aspirations with regards to display and quality. A big commonality of humans.

What would you have done if you couldn't get the prepaid bmw rental? There's a funny Seinfeld Telly episode about a car rental with the fake conversation with the manager. Just glad that you got the car you ordered and prepaid. We all hate IRROPS and gate downgrades!

Thanks again for the gorgeous TR
Michael
Many thanks, gaobest. It had been a while since I had used my telephoto lenses so was great to put them through their paces again.

We have Namibia and possibly Mozambique for our next South Africa trip. I definitely recommend seeing some of the this amazing continent too.

I had a new Gopro for the seals, definitely no reliability issues like the Nikon.

We didn't really have any other options if the BMW wasn't available, given that we had to be at Mkhaya by 5pm. I would have pressed for a partial refund though if they gave us a cheaper class car.

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Another fantastic TR and phenomenal photography as usual! I've been planning a trip to South Africa for summer 2018 so this helps give me an idea for an itinerary.

That lodge in Lesotho looks absolutely incredible.
Thank you, ChiefNWA. Yes, we were very impressed with the Maliba Lodge, full credit to ironmanjt for putting us onto it!