FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Frustrated--rarely find good flights any more--any tips?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:47 pm
WWannabe

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Toddcan
For getting to Tahiti: Try looking at United Flights from SFO to AKL (direct), and then trying for a Air NZ flight to PPT. Getting to SFO is a breeze from YYZ too.

I'm starting to piece this exact trip myself for a Windstar Cruise, and have found lots of SFO-AKL flights. I quite enjoyed the United layflat beds in J.

The only problem I am finding is getting my AKL-PPT flight - I may have to buy this one, and not use AP miles. Perhaps Virgin.

Anyways - just a suggestion. I also tend to look for 1 way flights only - I find it MUCH easier to piece together my itinerary.
Well, the tip about one-way flights is a good one, I will take it to heart.

As for flying to AKL, this makes no sense to me. PPT is an 8-hour flight from LAX. SFO-AKL is 12 hours. Granted the flatbeds on United have a good rep, but...then you have a 5 hour flight back to Tahiti.

I find the Air France flights to Tahiti from LAX good because they have a Premium Economy class, which is bearable for us. Just have to accomodate to a 3-flights per week schedule, but that just means staying longer in paradise. This search is for a Paul Gauguin cruise, our 6th.