FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of your multiple bookings! DeltaMatic is on the lookout for you!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:11 pm
NYCTraveller

Programs: Delta GM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
WAIT A MINUTE - - - - You have - TWO - THREE - - FOUR different reservations! <brief pause> Our system canceled all of them except for the 6PM flight!

At this point, both GAs were FIRM that he would NOT get on this flight and told him it was overbooked!

I guess he doesn't read FlyerTalk!

Not to doubt your story, but I wonder how this can be. (I am questioning what Delta does.) I've had an experience with a lengthy delay due to MX and went to the Skyclub. It was a rolling delay, so by the time I went to the club, my noon flight was delayed to 5pm. There were 2 other flights that same day: first one (around 3pm) was almost full and the second one was at 8pm. The Skyclub attendant confirmed me on both flights. The confirmation on the 3pm flight was a "seat request" so I had to show up at the gate early, and the 8pm confirmation was a "just in case" I don't get on the 3pm and they further delay or cancel my original flight. So I had 3 confirmations in the system.

Long story short... Somehow, me logging into my Delta app did something and I was now standing by for the 3pm flight and didn't get on it. My original flight was delayed until 9pm, so I got on the 8pm flight. I later learned that my original flight ended up being cancelled.

I'm just curious that if Delta wouldn't allow multiple confirmations on the same day, how did the Skyclub agent swing that one?

...and by the way, thank God she did. I needed to get to my destination that day and she did it!