FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber/Lyft, AirBnB/VRBO and corp travel policies
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:08 am
ElmhurstNick
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by gglave
Had a bit of fun with my expense report this morning - On a recent business trip the city was Uber-less and the taxis were all busy so I used my Car2Go account to grab a car.

Total charges were $6.74 USD. Couldn't decide whether it went in the Concur expense system as "Taxi/Subway/Limo/Train" or "Rental Car."

In the end I chose "Rental Car."

At $6.74 it was probably the lowest rental car booking the system has ever seen.
Back in Priceline's heyday, I was a heavy user for hotels. I was messing around with testing something out and put in dates for an upcoming trip and bid $1. And got something thanks to a $25 AMEX bonus.

Best part was that I had bid for 2 rooms, one for me, and one for a relative who was going to show up and meet me there, and we were going golfing for the weekend after that. So my receipt was for $7.40, and I asked for 50%, or $3.70.

My CFO was so stunned that she immediately exempted me from every policy about using our corporate travel agency.

Fun times back then.