FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How should FlyerTalk improve its mobile experience?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:38 am
bh22

- I visit between 2 and 20 times a week (depending on how busy I am). About 95% on my 5.5” smartphone.

- generally I agree with the others here who think the desktop site is better - even on a tiny screen. But I wish I could have the best of both worlds, which is obviously what you’re hoping to deliver.

- One short-term solution would be to allow us to set a preference (for mobile or desktop version) that sticks.

- my biggest challenge is having to log back in too frequently

- My second biggest challenge is getting to know the other members: I’d like the ability to see profile info for each contributor (title, join date, location, programs, posts, etc.) I’m fine putting that info beyond a click rather than just in the lefthand column, but you don’t even show it on the new page that comes up for “Member Profile”. But the best solution would be putting it in a popup that I can quickly clear and stay in the middle of a thread.

I love the highlighting for OP, but on very large, merged threads it’s not as helpful. Is there a way to have multiple OPs on the very large long threads?

- Infinite scroll has it’s advantages and disadvantages. I’m fine with how you’re currently implementing it. Maybe just tweak so it doesn’t “back up” quite so far if I scroll up after navigating to the last page?

- if all these features are easier on a app, I’m fine with that. But in my experience, an app usually is worse, and takes more effort to manage compared with a “mobile website”. And I’ll bet you don’t want to invest more time an energy just to have an app for apps sake.