FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:44 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Introduction Name of the hotel: Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche What is your Le Club status?: Platinum Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: This is a really hard review to publish. I absolutely loved the hotel in almost every possible way... except that it was almost impossible to sleep! Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?:Booked a prestige and got upgraded to an opera suite. The suite was truly beautiful, large, with nice view, great, elegant and tasteful decor, wonderful bathroom, great amenities, the usual (nespresso machine, Hermes toiletries) but also excellent housekeeping etc. What was good and what was bad?:Great hotel, great location, nice view, delightful staff, great Club lounge with lovely breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and evening canapes, lovely fresh juices and nice teas (though in fact many boxes within their extensive display are empty and unavailable!), great swimming pool, great restaurants, useful shuttle to the beach, honoured my request for a high floor room (but see below! ), and additionally, I asked if we could have an early check in (mentioning that we would be also checking out early) and this was granted. This hotel is fantastic and very highly recommended Bad:Literally just one thing: there is a bar on the topfloor, which they apparently subcontract to another company, and the noise and vibration was literally unbearable and made it impossible to sleep till about 3am! Unfortunately no other suite was available and I did not want to downgrade. Managers overnight which I spoke to on the phone did not seem to be able to do much, they said they spoke to the bar but nothing changed and I know some other guests were also complaining as we spoke. What a shame. The lounge staff was very apologetic and said that they had problems with the people managing the bar and were not going to renew the contract. I do hope they managed to gt rid of them and if so, this will remove the only objection I have! Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?: Yes (per room type). Great lounge. What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks : I think I did, I can't really remember! Also lovely plates of Arabic sweets, fruits, etc in room. Great platinum recognition overall. Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: yes, it's a fantastic hotel, but I'd ask for a lower room unless the bar situation has improved. Suite was fab but regular rooms are great too. Overall, I'm happy to recommend it unreservedly!