FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wine in Bordeaux, Shopping in Paris via spectacular Air France 77W La Première
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:47 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brixton
another fantastic report, thank you for posting. I have fond memories of my one and only AF premiere flight to LAX, about a decade ago. seems like they have stepped it up a couple of notches, specifically with the Lounge dining and transportation to the plane. look forward to the next report!
Thanks very much brixton. AF has indeed stepped it up and is an extraordinary experience.

Originally Posted by tfjim
Fun trip report for sure.
It's certainly tempting to want to live in Paris, I can't fault you for that. I'd be hard pressed to say the 8th is a neighborhood I'd live in; really not what I'd consider for everyday life. The 7th is closer to everyday life IMO but still too busy Paris for me. I went to boarding school in Lyon and would consider that for everyday french life over Paris for sure but I'd be very tempted by long term rental/life in Nice/Provence. Lyon is still quite cosmopolitan but definitely more everyday. Chicago to New York. And you have the Cotes du Rhone and Alpes really on your doorstep. It's all a world away from Socal for sure!
Thank you tfjim and for the your perspective. I would agree about the 7th vs. the 8th. We rented an apartment in the 6th (St-Germain) for a month a few years and really enjoyed it. We also enjoyed Lyon during a short visit, but we prefer New York to Chicago.

Originally Posted by Genius1
Another enjoyable read, SFO777 - thanks for a great report. I was particularly interested to read your review of the IC Bordeaux, as it's one of the ICs on my still to-visit list in Europe.
Thanks very much Genius1.