FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Trip To Iceland & Greenland
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:47 pm
DanielW

Originally Posted by farbster
Great trip report as always....blah blah blah. I'm sure your head explodes after all the well deserved accolades! I love seeing you get out and and see the sites.

I was in Iceland in 2013, but on a Silversea cruise. Quite a different experience! But we did visit the same hot dog stand Always a crowd.

Looking forward to the next trip report. And glad to see that someone else collects magnets for the fridge
Thank you, farbster. And yes, I really appreciate all the positive feedback and compliments!

The hotdog place had a pretty long queue, I guess the Mr. Bourdain seal of approval must be pretty good for business.

I used to try to buy at least one souvenir from each country I visited, but after around country #60 they started to clutter up the place so fridge magnets seemed like a good alternative.

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Awesome photos and report. As always, it feels like I'm really there!
Thanks, capedreamer, all the photo's also help me to relive my favourite travel memories too.

Originally Posted by gaobest
Fabulous TR as always - pure joy to read (I'm very behind on FT since the ual family day event at SFO). What wonderful pictures - sorry about the underwater camera but ace that Simone and the scuba company had some pictures for you.

I had trouble seeing the whale carpaccio picture within the Greenland buffet - although the lox looked beautiful. Unless the whale carpaccio resembles lox? Off to google it...
The horse and muskox carpaccio also looked good.

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of muskox because just last night I was reading a story about a woolly rhino from the Ice Age era, and a musk oxen was mentioned. Apparently they have a strong odor. So it was a joy to see the muskox picture and mention. Amazing to think how long they've been around.

The puffins were very cute.
Thanks, gaobest. Yes, the puffins were pretty cute. Apparently some people find them quite tasty as well and they were on a few of the restaurant menu's in Reykjavik too!