FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:50 pm
sapguy

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
It's just interesting to me how everyone reads the headlines and its all negative and bad news. You are focusing on the amenity bonus going away and the RC closure bonus. Ok. I'm looking at the improvements, did you look at the increased awards available with the program changes. Everyone see's change and its immediately negative because what they had before is now different.

Here are the changes to the program that have value to me:
- unlimited complimentary upgrade to suites as part of the program. Maybe you got lucky in the past but I rarely saw hotels willingly provide this. Now, its baked into the program for Globalist level
- Free night in Cat 1-4 if I exceed 30 nights per year
- Free night in Cat 1-7 if I exceed 60 nights per year
- Free night in Cat 1-4 after staying at 5 different brands
- Hyatt Concierge
- Free parking on award nights
- No resort fees on free or paid stays

I think I'm ok trading the 500 or 1000 point amenity for the Free night awards above if I meet/exceed the requirements. If I do, I think the point value equivalent of the free nights would more than surpass the points amenity I get now.

If I get more complimentary suite upgrades, I'm more apt to stay at nicer Hyatt's that have suites instead of at a HP or HH. Also, being able to apply a DSU on award stays is nice also. Today, you can only use DSU on P+C or all paid stays.

There is a lot of good in these changes folks, just not for everyone. I also like the additional awards granted for 60+, 70+, etc....nights where nothing existed before.

I think loyalty programs are waking up to the fact that there are a lot of people gaming their systems that aren't really loyal, they are just loyal to loopholes or shortcuts to get stuff for free. What Hyatt seems to be doing with these changes is saying, stay with us a lot, spend a lot, and we reward you more. I don't have an issue with that.
I don't disagree with you that these 'improvements' are positive. Where I have heartburn is changing requalification to the highest Elite level to pure number of nights a la Marriott! I have NO issue whatsoever if they increase the requalification on stays from 25 stays to 30 stays or even 35 stays. May be they will listen and adjust things accordingly?