FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:45 pm
sapguy

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
What a long day reading through all the speculations and then confirmation of the changes.

I have to assess my strategy for 2017. As a status matched Diamond in 2015, I requalified in 2016 with stays, and will most likely end the year with 27 stays and 46 nights. It would be a real tough stretch for me to reach 55 nights in 2017 because of the small Hyatt footprint. I don't think I could have added more Hyatt nights in 2016, even though I also had combined 50+ SPG, MR, and Hilton nights. My situation is very similar to a lot of Diamonds who have posted here.

As SPG LTP, I do have options. So we'll see what happens in 2017. I will plan to use up my 160K HGP points after Mar. 1 or 17, whenever DSU can be applied to award stays.
Very interesting but you and I are almost identical in our situation, profile, stay patterns, and our plans for 2017 regarding Hyatt. We are:

1. SPG LTP - my last stay this week at the Westin Paris was fantastic, with an upgrade to a massive suite with an incredible view of the Tour Eiffel. This now 'forces' me to stay more with Starwood / Marriott in 2017

2. Hyatt Diamond status matched in 2015, easily requalified in 2016 with stays, and will most likely end the year with 29 or 30 stays and 46 nights. My last 2 stays was at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez and the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome were beyond my expectations due to their extra special treatment of Diamond members! ^

In addition, I am also Hilton Diamond, and I will continue to chase that status in 2017 for 2018!

So, with this new moronic change, can I have 55 stays with Hyatt in 2017 - quite possibly, but this change leaves a rather bad taste in my mouth just as I am beginning to really like Hyatt, especially their fantastic promos.

I can't believe that Hyatt managed to piss off a significant amount of its best Elite members with this rather stupid change! It's true that there will likely be less Globalists in 2018 so earning that status SHOULD be more meaningful, but time will tell.