FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Auckland - recent experiences, Le Club recognition?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:56 pm
CHCflyer

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Stayed a few weeks ago - my third stay there. I always have managed a high floor but no upgrade on the last stay as they were full. I am not too fussed about upgrades to suites for one night stays as I find myself rattling around the place aimlessly.
The Air China crew stay there and have their own mini-buffet set up in the restaurant, which seems to make the place look busy.
The room is a little tired (I think it was a Hyatt or Westin previously). Higher floor rooms can get a partial harbor view, which mine had, but you can also be disconcertingly close to the balconies of the building next door.
I find their rates pretty competitive as properties in town can be very pricy.
They seem to have events on (well the last two times I stayed) and both were about real estate investments by Chinese investors - it does seem to get a lot of Chinese guests.
Food at the restaurant is good but pricey. Always got drinks vouchers and the house red was a nice pinot noir.
The lounge is opened with your room key and is on the top floor. Nice views over the park. It is usually attended and they are always chipper with greetings and chat. Breakfast is a continental affair, but plenty there to keep one satisfied. They could do with more bread varieties.
As platinum it is my preferred Accor hotel in AKL. As I say, it can price very competitively even against the far more tired Mercure near Queen Street - last stay the Pullman was only $20 more expensive than the frills-free Mercure.
My preferred hotel in AKL used to be the Hilton but I have not stayed there in over five years as their pricing is mad - over $500 for a very mediocre room with no harbour view. But this seems to be the way AKL is heading these days.