FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking two seats / extra seat for person or object (EXST, XTRASEAT)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:52 pm
mikew99

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Centurion
I think almost all Flytertalk members would think this is morally wrong. I knew a AA Concierge Key who lost everything for phantom bookings in the F cabin. You do not want to mess with an airlines inventory. When you think about it it is theft as the value of a airlines product expires when the plane leaves the gate. So it is theft.
I would not want to presume any negative intentions, but AA definitely frowns on speculative bookings, especially bookings that might be released (and possibly left unsold) at the last minute. Ultimately, AA is the judge, jury, and executioner on this issue, so it's best to tread carefully.

As mentioned above, AA has an officially sanctioned way to book additional adjacent seats using either miles or money (for both, under the same PNR), if the OP is willing to do that.