FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS Parking
Thread: BOS Parking
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:31 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by will2288
Not sure where you live or how long your trips are, but nothing beats a reliable car service, IMO. Meaningful time savings in both ends.
Originally Posted by Legacygt
x2 on the car service.

Central Parking has been virtually inaccessible for the last couple years in my experience. Even if the signs all indicate parking is open, they are always re-routing people inside to the economy garage or worse.

Even in the case of a same day turnaround I've ended up in the e-garage. The e-garage isnt too bad and would address your snow issue, but I always inevitably miss the shuttle as i walk out the door and have to wait 15+ min for the next one. Its a pain.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Yeah, x3 on the car - parking at work and getting a ride to the airport sounds like the way to go to me.
This obviously is a matter of personal preference, but it always was my preference to drive myself. (I am using the past tense because I no longer fly out of BOS with any regularity.) Yes, there is the time lost because you cannot be dropped off and picked up curbside, but then again you don't have the issue of trying to find your car service when you land. (Not sure if that's an issue at BOS. It can be a huge inconvenience at NYC's airports.) And with the Passport Gold program, parking quickly and conveniently never was an issue. So unless things have changed -- which of course is entirely possible -- for me the ability to drive myself to and from the airport and park quickly and easily either in the Terminal B Garage or Central Parking outweighed the minimal inconvenience of not being dropped off and picked up curbside.