FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long to get KLM to recognized new upgraded status?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:08 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I wouldn't wait to call Delta. Took a while but they eventually got us in. Had to call a few times because it would bump out the seat. Seems it's has stuck, though on the KLM app, it doesn't show that he has a seat so......keep your fingers crossed.

I haven't had issues with my PM status for the past 10 years with KLM but yeah, they sure could have better coordination!!

On a different note, Virgin Australia seems to get immediate updates, so my DM status was automatically recognized on my return flights after making DM on the way to SYD. I went from partner GOLD (as a PM) to partner PLAT (as a DM). Still couldn't get into the international lounges (NZ) though!! UGH!
You don't get access to the NZ lounges unless flying in VA J class. DL elites don't get access in Y to anything other than VA lounges. Those only exist in the domestic portion of the airport. If flying DL Y, then of course can access the Skyteam lounge.

On the OT, I find it sad that KLM has this issue with status. CZ/MU/CI/VN/etc all recognize status upgrades as soon as they happen. They may have to remove/re-enter the FF number, but it instantly recognizes new status. If airlines like CZ/MU can do this instantly, why KLM after all these years has problems is beyond me.