FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How should FlyerTalk improve its mobile experience?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:09 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I did fill out the survey also, but my top 3 feature requests for the mobile site:

- one page forward/backward links or buttons (tapping and manually entering a page number is a poor substitute)
- a way to see thread wikis
- report-post button

Originally Posted by United747
Infinite scroll is what bothers me. Couldn't think of the name!
Infinite scroll is one of the worst ideas ever invented*. It is a blessing in disguise that the FT mobile version is non-infinite but only scrolls at most one page in each direction.

*it works great if you have infinite bandwidth, infinite CPU and infinite memory and there are never network interruptions and people click or tap exactly where they mean to. In the real world:

- oops, was there a network hiccup? the scrolling engine is now dead and there's no UI element that lets you reload just the segment it was in the middle of downloading. No recourse but to reload the page. Hope you weren't too far down, or that you enjoy scrolling and loading everything else above it!

- oops, did you accidentally tap a link when you meant to scroll up/down? Now your web browser is on a different page and when you click the back button you get to reload everything again

- oh, sorry, your mobile phone has limited memory/CPU? enjoy your web browser slowing to a crawl while it tries to keep all the text, images (animated GIFs?), flash plugins, etc. (more a rant about Facebook than FT )

it's some hellish pinnacle achievement of form over function. /rant over.