FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official "Help me find a good rate with Hertz" CHALLENGE thread
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:10 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by hsimah
I've booked via Priceline.com (Rentalcars.com), I received an email stating I have to pay a $500 USD one-way fee plus tax.

Converting this to AUD brings the total up to almost $2,700!
Any drop fees are included in the AutoSlash rate. Just sayin'.

In all seriousness, you should book something where you don't have to pay up front and then track the rental. June of next year is a long way way off and prices are going to change many times between now and then. The great thing about car rentals is that you really don't have to have any skin in the game so to speak, so there is zero downside to booking something and then seeing what happens with rates over the next 8 months or so. Prices are going to drop at some point, the question is when. By tracking the rate, then you're making sure you won't miss it when the drop happens.

As for insurance, I get that it's not common to have that as a benefit on your credit card as an AU resident, but there might be a card available that would cover you when renting overseas. Just something to look into as well as a company like rentalcover.com (which is AU-based btw).

Last edited by AutoSlash; Oct 27, 2016 at 9:29 pm