FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo, Thailand, Siem Reap, Saigon, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore in J
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:36 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gripevo

Small world. My gf and I took the exact same tour last year. Because it was the off season, we only had 4 people on our tour. I think we also had the same guide(she was great). As someone who doesn't usually do "tours", my feeling about the experience was similar to yours.

Loving the report!
Her name was "Linda" (she kept refering to us as "her family") she was great, said she grew up about 20km away from where we were.

Small world as well in that one of the girls on this tour was on my Cu Chi Tunnels one the next morning and she had some similar feelings about the overall experience especially when we heard from the German lady how her tour they took the boat down, made lunch at an orphanage, stopped as some places that seemed less geared up on the tourist trail.
I'm not even sure the last group tour I did, I think it was maybe the free walking tour of Prague I got that the airport transfer company did. Mostly I like to do things on my own at my own pace but found out 4 full days in Saigon was a bit much and I'd need to go out of the city to fill up the time.