FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:19 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Before I go off an start a new thread - has anyone here tried the newish Sennheiser PXC-550s? (Amazon link) I'm currently deciding between these two sets.

From what I can tell from various online reviews, the QC35s have a very slight NC advantage but the sound quality on the 550s is superior. I of course trust FT reviews somewhat more than others on the interwebs.

FWIW, I did find a pair of 550s on demo at some store in the ATL airport and tried them on. In the 5 minutes I had before scooting off to my flight, I was very impressed with the sound quality just streaming some jazz from my phone. NC seemed perfectly adequate, though of course all it had to compete with was some light noise from the concourse. The actual headphones were comfortable and provided a good amount of noise isolation even with NC turned off - again, only 5 minutes of use.

Anyway, someone tell me if I should head off to another thread. Posting here since they seem to be a direct competitor to the QC35s so I'm wondering if others have already made the comparison for themselves.