FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo, Thailand, Siem Reap, Saigon, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore in J
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:22 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Renaissance Riverside Saigon

I booked the Ren because from what I gathered (not knowing anything about HCMC) the location seemed nice, price was decent and I wanted it to be one of the properties where I would get breakfast/lounge included.

Not disappointed. The lobby is clean and sleek, check in was super easy.

The lounge is on the 18th floor and does breakfast from 6-10:30, coffee/tea/sweets all day, hot snacks 5:30-7:30 and wine and cocktails 5:30-9:30.
I actually forgot to take pics of breakfast but each morning it has been pretty good with 2 Vietnamse dishes, bacon, potatoes, Japanese fish/rice, cheese, fruit, cook to order eggs, yogurt, salmon and usually another little dish or two.
The evening snacks have been great as well. Changing every night from mini pho to tomato soup, nicoise salad to mini banh mi, cheese, meats, fruit, deserts, sushi and more.

The lounge attendants do a great job. After my first visit the main girl there most nights has remembered my name. They clean up the plates fast, make a little convo and are happy to pour you some more.

The gym wasn't bad for a hotel workout. I peeped at the pool area but couldn't tell if it was under construction or being set up for a private event.

It's also been great walking out to Saigon Center, lots of restaurants in the area, quick walk to the Opera House where a tour picked me up, easy to walk up to Dihn Doc Lap and some other sightseeing.

My first time in Vietnam and I'm loving it. Can't wait to write the other entry into the TR and already trying to figure out if I can come back next year for a month and motorcycle around.