FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome -65 min- Shanghai MCT??
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:21 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by roel_tje
Hi all,

In November, I will fly from Amsterdam and arrive in Rome (with KLM) at 19:10 gate 1. From there, I will continue to fly to Shanghai (with China Southern) Sched. departure time is 20:15 gate 3.

Booking is done on 1 ticket so I will not have to care about luggage, that's what KLM told me.

Now the company that arranged the tickets, wants to change my first flight to an 8 hours earlier one to ensure I will get my flight to Shanghai. But I'm not happy to wait 8 hours on the airport in Rome.

What about the first option with 65 min. connection, is that one easy to do or shouldn't I take that risk because it's to big

Opinions please.... thx
What sort of company or travel agent is this? To me, it's suspicious that they want to give you such an inconvenient new schedule when there's no MCT violation and you have a single ticket. Was there a schedule change and, if so, what were the original connecting times? Also, how long ago was the ticket purchased?

I'd check fares and fare class availability for their new proposed itinerary compared to your current flights. I wonder whether this could be a case of an unethical travel agent somehow planning to rebook you onto cheaper flights and pocket the price difference.