FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:46 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by feysul
I dont know what led you to your statement that "treating disabled people like they are an inconvenience" where did that come from???? this has nothing to do with that.

If preboarders get the privileged of boarding first, which i have NO issue with, i support that-for the record before you make another assumption. Then I think if a particular passenger needs help to exit the aircraft they should allow the other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner. I am sure most business travelers would agree with me.

"Selfish twats"...LOL
If you read the whole thread, including the thread title, you'll see that the overall sentiment towards preboarders, including your own sentiment, is that they are an inconvenience. Even in your reply you suggest, if not outright say, that they are an inconvenience.

"I think if a particular passenger needs help to exit the aircraft they should allow the other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner."

Why else would you say that if they are not inconveniencing others by slowing down the egress? You aren't saying it because you want the able bodied passengers to wish them well on their way past them. "[T]he other passengers the opportunity to exit in a timely manner". So the disabled passenger slows them down is what you are saying ergo it's an inconvenience for you. "I am sure most business travelers would agree with me." So there's the selfish part. It's all about you and one group of travelers.

I'm sure if you fly a lot you've seen families getting off the plane with small kids. They aren't always the quickest to gather everything up and get moving. I'm also sure that you've seen the self-indulged business person who is on their phone as the plane is landing and is too busy talking to get their bag down from the overhead and holds up the rest of the plane as they get their things together.

But apparently those, and others, who are slow to get moving are ok because they didn't preboard. So there's the "twat" part.

The disabled person I travel with certainly isn't fast. However sitting in row 2 or 3, it's just a few steps to the door and they are out of the way sitting in a wheelchair. Many times we'll let people in the few rows behind us exit and that creates enough of a gap with the self-indulged business person taking their time getting out of row 6 or 7 that we can get to the door of the aircraft and move out of the way without holding up anyone.

But your previous post said preboarders should be the last to leave the plane. No explanation just a declaration. Why? Because you think they are an inconvenience but you make no mention of others who are often as much if not more of an inconvenience. So there's the entire package of "selfish twat".

Now, if I've mis-characterized you, I certainly apologize. Perhaps you could point out where I've grossly misunderstood what you said and explain why, just because someone preboards, they should be the last to leave the plane. I mean that is, after all, exactly what you said.