FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:49 pm
wanderlust4life

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hoosier1710
No, we came down before the weekend, so we could spend a few days here checking out the city (I agree on the Mercado de Mariscos: a great place) and the canal. Our flights were smooth, thankfully - the weather seems better early in the day this time of year. Unfortunately, I didn't get to enjoy them. I'm recovering from a sinus infection, and on both flights (from NYC and MIA), right as we hit cruising altitude, it felt like someone started stabbing an ice pick right into my frontal lobe. It didn't let up, no matter what I did, until we began descending. It was so debilitating I didn't eat on either flight - all I could do was hold my head in my hands and writhe in pain. I've been taking decongestants all weekend and hope that tomorrow's flights will be better; I'm really looking forward to flying F on the 77W and would hate to spend 5 hours doubled over in agony.

Hope your flights today go better than yesterday! Save travels.
Wowza!! I hope you feel better soon! Luckily I'm doing fine health wise but I absolutely hate flying when I have any sinus issues as the pressure from ascending is unbearable. There's nothing worse than feeling nonstop pain as it's impossible to enjoy the flight. Thankfully you are in F on the 77W so you can maximize the chance of comfort! Keep taking those decongestants! The flight today to LAX is running on time as of right now but still a few hours before departure! I didn't drink on any of the previous legs but this is one I'm enjoying to the fullest at the oneworld premium lounge here in Miami. I preordered the mushroom gnocchi so I'm hoping that's good. Safe travels back!