FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT Hiccup? ("View first unread" anomalies)
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:15 am
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
But had you been in the thread before is the key!
Did not have time to go there.

Since FT just told me that I have read every post in every thread in the Aer Lingus forum (except for the first three threads), I have obviously been busy elsewhere.

FT also tells me that I have made great progress in reading most every post in the Air Aegean forum, although I am not quite as close to competing this as I am the Aer Lingus forum.

Ditto Alitalia. While I have made reasonable progress in the Qantas forum, I'll have to speed up on my progress there.

Bottom line, since I have never before visited any of the above fora, FT in non compos mentis when it comes to displaying my actual browsing record.

========================================
Now this is really interesting. If I go back thru the DL forum, 5 days back to October 19, every thread older than that shows No New Posts... even threads that I can be confident that I have never visited. Ditto the Hilton thread. Transition occurs at about the same time on October 19.

=======================================
Edited to add: OK, the pattern is now clear. Any thread in any forum that I go to shows "No New Posts" if the most recent post is earlier than about noon on 10/19.

Cookie issue? Intentional design issue for FT?

Anyway, this appears to be an issue separate from the "takes you to the last post regardless" issue.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Oct 24, 2016 at 10:46 am