FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laucala, Fiji - trip report
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:56 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I wrote up a full review of our stay in Laucala: http://thegoodthebadandtheluxurious....-laucala-fiji/

My stay unfortunately did not match the same excellence that the other FTers experienced, although we still had a truly memorable and fantastic time. The service left a lot to be desired, but the island offers so much that you feel you can forgive it; the problem is, I feel the staff felt the same too, like it was allowed to be overlooked. The short-comings were too frequent and too many for it to have just been the odd employee, so improvements should definitely be on the horizon. The positive is that the GM has continued to discuss the feedback with me since departure, so it looks like they've taken my feedback very seriously. It's hard to find fault in almost everything else, from the activities, villas, food to amenities, but at $6,000/n, the service and communication just has to be better.
Loved your review. And I'm with you that the service clearly needs to be addressed--at least if I ever expect to visit. I don't care how luxurious an island resort may be: for $6000/night and the trouble of getting there, the service needs to be just as exemplary as the island villas, facilities, and activities on offer. And clearly it isn't now. Here's hoping the service is markedly improved in the near future.