FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:07 am
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrived at 11-30am, easy drive down from Lincoln, concierge a little slow to valet park car and was left outside standing in the cold, however we got there in the end, checked in at front desk and told upgraded to King exec ( the one I done OLCI to.)
Seemed to take a while as I booked on two separate reservations but I now have the same room for two nights, bonus, however it wasn't ready yet so we ( my lady and I ) went for a walk around the west end, came back around 2-30pm and room was ready, luggage here and shirt hung up.
The room - it's on second floor, fairly big , huge bed ( comfy ) nice decor, clean and tidy......bathroom has double sinks, huge bath and Sep shower with monsoon shower.
I'm in London celebrating my birthday and mentioned this when asked at check in, came back and found slice of cake in room , nice touch!.
Only negative I can see ahead is the room is next to a service cupboard and so far I've been in room half hour and the door has banged around 6 times , glasses rattled, etc.......this better not go on through the night!....will see.
Afternoon tea in lounge looked nice, I had a cup of tea but no sandwich or cake as we had a late lunch up west, the lounge was nearly empty.
I'm now gonna do for my customary sauna and swim and lay by the pool for a while, then relax in the lounge later, we may go out and see a show later or we may not....will report back!