FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo, Thailand, Siem Reap, Saigon, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore in J
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:09 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I could have hired just the car/driver for like $45/50 a day and then directed him where to go and be put on my own in the temples. Had I spent a few hours researching where I wanted to go maybe I would have done that but I was happy to also pay the extra to hire the guide. I didn't have to spend my nose in a guidebook, could put some $ back into the local economy and I felt walking with the guide the little urchins didn't bombard me to buy post cards or silks.

I saw Miss Wongs and was tempted to go by from the name/sign alone. But I had some rum and ice cream and already used up my bad calories that night.
I also found the "friendly" massage place to be cheaper than Thailand. I can't speak for "lady boom boom" massage as I was offered a few times walking around.

I for sure want to come back in 7-8 years when my nephew is old enough to appreciate. I would have liked another day but a week alone may have been tough.