FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:39 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
We will be staying at the St Regis and I have a couple of questions:

We have reserved the private SUV through the hotel concierge. Will the driver allow us to stop and buy some soft drinks and beer for our stay?
If so, will the hotel be OK with us bringing that to our room when we check in?

Also, is it advisable to bring some pesos with us for things like tipping and other non credit card expenses or will US dollars be more welcomed?

Thanks

Our driver offered to stop, though we did not take him up on it. I am sure the hotel will be accommodating...the generally only use the word "yes." Note that the hotel offers unlimited complimentary bottled water, so no need to buy that. I don't remember if the room has a refrigerator....I think it's a stocked mini-bar. My guess is your butler would clear space for you if asked, or maybe bring an extra fridge.

Yes, you will want pesos for tipping. We took good care of our butler as well as the beach attendant and they took care of us back. For example, the beach attendance, Juan, at the adult beach, had our chairs setup in preferred spot every day for us, and also brought us some free cocktails and snacks a few times.