FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Top Caribbean Resort for Long Weeknd: Jumby Bay vs Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:19 am
luxtrvlwrks

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Originally Posted by umbrella007
nothing about the suite was even remotely the feel of a modern or contemporary, it felt traditional.
We stayed in a Pool Suite (photos)and although there are traditional elements that lend a Caribbean feel, it was certainly contemporary.

Originally Posted by grumbler
I would not bother with Jumby Bay personally - and the beach isn't even natural.

Why not FS Nevis ?
If the beach at Jumby isn't natural, it was such a good fake that I never noticed. However, the beach at FS Nevis was definitely built using dark volcanic sand after the last major hurricane. Based on my experience, there is really nothing there that is a match to the OP's request.

RC Dorado definitively ticks the modern design box and the food is edgier than at Jumby. My stay reminded me decor-wise of Rosewood Mayakoba, and in that sense it feels a little "anywhere". Jumby is a special place befitting of a special trip and you can't beat a private island, but the dining while good, isn't what is memorable about the place.

It's a great dilemma