FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:27 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Angry Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…

I didn't want to post that in the thread about the website bugs because I think the topic is wider and deserves its own thread. Moderator : of course if you think differently, please move the thread.

I wanted to report here some interesting facts, with screenshots as support/proofs (sorry, they are in French, but I’m sure you’ll follow). All this is for a 2 nights booking in Phnom Penh in winter 2017. I want to precise that there is no difference if you are looged-in under your profile or not (tested). I need 2 rooms (1 double, 1 single). There are 2 Accor properties in PNH : Sofitel and Raffles, the latter not participating to LCAH .

Single Room
On the hotel selection page, are announced the cheapest rates from EUR 192 and 182 for the Sofitel and the Raffles, respectively.

Screenshot #1

Then, if you click on « see rates» :
- Sofitel : for the cheapest room, you see « book for EUR 525.67 » instead of the expected 2 x 192 = 384 (screenshot #2)

Screenshot #2

OK…it should be because the EUR 525 rate includes taxes. Screenshot #3 indeed indicates clearly that taxes (20.05%) are included. But…wait a minute : the price taxes included shoud be 384 + 20.05% = EUR 461. So either the 1st displayed price (192) is misleading, or they apply a 36.7% tax rate !!!

Screenshot #3

- Raffles : for the cheapest room, you see « book for EUR 364.90» (Screenshot #4). OK, this is consistent with the rate shown previously (2 x 182). So it seems that for Raffles, they show the rates without taxes and this is confirmed by looking to the rate details (Screenshot #5).

Screenshot #4

Screenshot #5

Double Room
After this interesting 1st exercise, let’s now look at the double room (same dates of course). Interestingly, screenshot #6 still shows the EUR 182 entry rate for the Raffles, but this entry rate has bumped to EUR 283 at the Sofitel (as compared to 192 displayed on screenshot #1 for a single occupancy). EUR90 more for just another person in the room ???

Screenshot #6

Then, if you click on « see rates » :
- Sofitel : for the cheapest room, you see « book for EUR 678 .99». But then I saw that it is for the « magnifique breakfast » rate (screenshot #7). Where is the regular rate ? NOWHERE TO BE SEEN , whatever the room category. We have already reported this bugs some weeks ago, but it is still there. So you can book only Magnifique breakfast, So Gourmet, So So… but not a regular rate.

Screenshot #7

When looking at the rate details, another interesting point is that the tax % issue I mentioned for the single room is not present here (Screenshot #8). The price displayed is correct : 283/night x 2 nights = 566 x 20.05% = EUR 679.

Screenshot #8

- Raffles : no difference with the single room, and this is somewhat logical as the breakfast is not included (Screenshots #9 & 10).

Screenshot #9

Screenshot #10

In summary :
- From one screen to another, you have prices without or with taxes. Confusing at best
- within the same group, in the same country, same city, for one hotel they give you rates including taxes (Sofitel) and for another it is excluding taxes (Raffles).
- Rates displayed are misleading (case of the single room at the Sofitel : the rate including taxes does not match the one before taxes)
- A persistent bug makes it impossible to book the Sofitel without taking a package with breakfast, dinner, etc

An interesting example of trying to confuse and rob the customer. No wonder why I booked non-Accor for this stay in PNH. This added to the Fairmont / Swisshotel story, I feel very sick tonight…

Last edited by Goldorak; Oct 21, 2016 at 4:51 pm