FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:58 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ketelone
I was shut down last month (mostly on using Ink Plus and using Walmart Bill Pay I am assuming). They closed my checking account too. I stopped doing the same with my wife's cards and was staying away from hitting any bonus spend.
Well lo and behold, her chase cards and checking account was shut down too.

Is this a lifetime ban or is there any hope to apply for some chase cards 3-4 years down the line?

Just looking for data points.
1) Would you mind to give a bit more info on your spend / payment pattern on the Ink Plus, like $ charged, frequency of payments, and for how long you were doing that... So it would help others better manage the risk.

2) Were your wife an AU on some of your cards or you are AU on hers? Did you have JT bank accounts?

3) Chase does not ban people for life if the closure is not due to discharge of debts - i.e. no forgiven debt and Chase is not out of any money.
Seems people were able to get back on the good side between 12 to 24 months per the past data points. Of course things can always change.