FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:41 am
akcae

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by bodiddely
I just applied for an Asiana card (I know this is AS thread, but hoping the folks here with extensive BofA expertise may be able to help..). App went to pending, so I called recon. They said problem was my Experian was frozen and I asked if they could pull TU, which they agreed to. She said she wasn't able to approve account as most of my revolving accounts were new (which is true, have 12 or so new cards in last year). I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. Said I needed to demonstrate more history with the new revolving accounts. I was pretty shocked at the denial. All three FICOs/FAKOs are mid-high 700s, seasoned mortgage and auto loans on report (so it's not just a bunch of relatively new CCs), six figure income. And I've been approved for 2 business AS and 1 business Asiana card in past 2 months (she didn't cite those, presumably because they are not on my personal report)?

Any chance of reconning this with another agent? I had been planning to do Asiana card then a personal AS card but this threw me for a loop!
Clearly they don't like what they see in your TU credit report. Any reason you don't want them pulling EX?