FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DOT travel announcement and Q&A: October 19, 2016, 10am-12pm PDT
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:21 am
paperwastage

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I would also like clarification about this. It is already widely known that there are baggage fees and for some airlines fees to check in at the airport. By incorporating all of these fees into a ticket price, wouldn't that just increase the price the average consumer sees? Most people know how to avoid fees when they travel. A much simpler and quicker solution would be to post a guide on how to check for certain fees (e.g. baggage, boarding pass, etc) instead of creating an committee to try to force airlines to incorporate fees into the base fare.

A la carte is how the world is shifting, don't try to fight it. For example people are starting to bundle their cable TV and picking channels a la carte.
Originally Posted by Hairbus380
This. I frequently travel light, without checked bags, and would hate to have those costs bundled into my base fare.
schumer box for airline fees would definitely be useful

(ticket cost, carryon baggage cost/size/weight, check-in/oversized baggage cost/size/weight, cancellation fee, seat selection fee, name change fee, other optional fees)

baggage policy (size/weight) might be difficult with codeshare flights

same question I have from laxmillenial about EU261 regulation in USA - is DOT/White house looking at how EU261 protects consumers in Europe (along with it's shortcomings as well)?