FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:54 pm
KCZ

Originally Posted by KRSW
@paperwastage: Thank you for the link! The spec sheet for the headphones didn't mention the battery chemistry, as is the way of Bose who never publishes real specifications.

Despite my tinnitus, I can handle silence. The master bedroom of my one condo was built to be a semi-anechoic chamber. I know a few people have found it a bit unnerving and we've added a sound machine for when guests are using the condo.

I actually feel an uncomfortable pressure when I've tried ANC headphones in the past. Likewise for some of the cars with ANC I've driven. The best way I can describe it is the feeling I get when someone opens a single window on a car at speed and you get buffeting or standing in front of a commercial/concert subwoofer.
I've experienced the pressure discomfort with my QC-15's, but it's less with the 35's, and for me it goes away if I lift the earpieces up for a few seconds and doesn't return for at least a couple of hours.

ETA: I've got noisy home renovations underway right now, and I've been using these for 4-5 hr stretches. The announced battery level only drops by 10-20% with each usage, and it seems to be improving over time. I'd give these headphones a big thumbs up for battery life.

Last edited by KCZ; Oct 19, 2016 at 7:33 am