FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:36 pm
rather_be_on_a_griffin

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
As part of my 'fly other airlines' decision following the repeated enhancements I've blundered and am a bit short of 3.5k TP for the 2 GUF1 I need for the family trip back to the Falkirk kelpies next year (always ends up being peak and need the jokers so the whole BAEC pays off). In light of the changes I've bitten the bullet and am nearing the end of my first ever pure TP run (LGA-BOS-MIA-RDU-CLT-LGA for $487).

I always knew the good times in domestic F would end and I am unlikely to do this again (and definitely not for 200TP vs 300TP) though it has been an enjoyable day with laptop and book and a brief catch up with old friends in MIA. AA now has to compete on price/schedule/reliability for F. Applying those standards to Y post the last devaluation (5TP per sector) I haven't set foot on them but who knows. At least I'll still be seeing them for TATL J where they really have transformed themselves.

Only constant is change. Not so long along AA was the joke of the alliance for crossing the pond.