FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:07 am
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Sorry but I sure you are wrong. As I stated earlier AA transfer the flight details etc which include the Cabin class Booked class etc and BAEC awards the TPs and Avios. To back up my knowledge, the evidence I would present is that after US Airways and AA merged I took some internal flights which were old US Airways flights but flown under an AA flight number etc. When the flights were posted to my BAEC account they got nothing because BAEC system did not recognise the flight number and city pair as being valid. I phoned up GGL line and they explained how the system worked which are the details I have relayed to you. i.e. BAEC awards the TPs and Avios according to a table within the BA system. As the flights I took were not in the table they got no points until BAEC updated the table.
I am sorry but I stated what you did - the partner airline transfer flight details and then the home programme of the passenger awards whatever currency it uses. How was I wrong exactly?