FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:47 pm
DiverDave

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by yngdiego
I got the chance to try out my first rental as a chairman. First, the bus driver asked if anyone was a Chairman. I identified myself. Another passenger said he rents at LAX all the time and has never seen a chairman. :-) They had my Cadillac waiting for me right where the bus dropped me off.

Upon return, it was a bit more confusing. I dropped off the car, and the guy that checked me in said to wait for someone to drive me to the terminal. But he asked several red shirt people to take me, all of them declined. Two even said they weren't sure what to do with a Chairman. I felt like a Unicorn. A couple of minutes later someone finally knew what to do with me, and drove me to my terminal.

Except for the return situation, I was quite pleased with how I was treated. Chairman seem to be so rare that many of that staff don't know what to do with us.
I rent cars from LAX several times a year. I am told they get multiple CHM members per day.

I just ask for a driver when I pull up to drop off the car, and that seems to get the process started easily.

The problem is more on the pickup side where there is inevitably a Caddy or Lincoln waiting for me, and I have to negotiate for something better.

David