FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:45 pm
manymany

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
For anyone searching for further info on a B2B at Stockholm ARN in addition to the excellent summary given by c-w-s in post #238 (and quoted above), I did this recently and can confirm that it is very easy indeed.

We were first off the plane (for reference, a 767 which deplaned from door 1L) and hurried up the jetbridge to find the magic door. In a slight deviation to c-w-s's info above, the door was on the right as we walked up the corridor, not the left. This may be dependent where the plane arrives, but in any case, it will be on the side opposite the runway views.

We pushed the intercom button and waited as the rest of the plane streamed by. No-one answered the buzzer, but about five minutes later, a member of the security staff turned up, opened the door and asked why he'd been summoned. We explained that we were transferring to "that plane there", and he let us in, switched on the machines and scanned us through. Everything was done and dusted about 7 minutes after leaving the plane and we were back at the empty gate... with 70 minutes to wait until our flight and nothing but a few vending machines and some toilets to keep us occupied.

With hindsight, we had a pretty generous turnaround time of 80 minutes so could (probably) easily have gone out through security and back in again, and I think I would try this next time (if we were near the doors). I don't imagine we would have had much time to spend in the lounge, but it would have been a more interesting way to spend the time than sitting at the gate twiddling our thumbs...!
I just want to add to this as I did an ARN back to back last week, in Club both ways.

I did LHR-ARN on BA776 and immediately returned ARN-LHR on BA777 on Tuesday and an A320 was used. The turnaround time was billed at 45 minutes. I think this is all normal for this rotation?

I don't think I would recommend existing through arrivals and then entering through departures in this instance. I pressed the green button for transfers and waited 5 minutes as per JustTheOne above etc. It didn't take long to get through. But it must not have been 5 minutes after I had gone through when they called for boarding!

I think if I had not pressed the button and gone through arrivals and back through departures, it would have been a waste of time as I would have just had to make my way straight to the gate. No time to stop for anything lounge, toilet etc.