FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEX Horse & Bourbon DO IX, October 21-23, 2016
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:47 am
Herb687
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Governator
Hi to all. We are first timers to the DO. We likely will do some Bourbon tours on Saturday and maybe Keeneland on Sunday and/or a local hike. But still interested in joining group activities if scheduled. Have dinner plans firmed up for Friday or Saturday night? We be up to join, I don't think I'm in a position to help pick where to go. I think we'd be fine with any of the suggestions.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Take a look at the menu of Ramsey's.

I think having some KY cuisine during the weekend should be a goal. Ramsey's is pretty classic.
I should be in for Friday evening dinner. Don't care where we go for dinner but after dinner I am planning on going to Crank & Boom Ice Cream Lounge (in the James E. Pepper Distillery complex) for alcohol, dessert, or alcoholic dessert:
http://www.crankandboom.com/

I've always found Ramsey's a "meh" but will be happy to join everyone there if that's what the group picks.

There's no shame in dining at the same restaurant more than once on the same trip. While FTers may think of Stella's as just a brunch spot, I've been there for dinner a couple times and always enjoyed it.

I can't vouch for this place as I've not been there yet but a search on best farm to table restaurants in KY turned up this place in nearby Georgetown (15 minutes north of the Four Points) that looks intriguing:
https://localfeedky.com/

And of course I will never pass up dinner at The Merrick Inn. True bourbon connoisseurs will love the bourbon list at the Merrick. Whenever I've been there they have had every expression of Pappy Van Winkle available as well as many other extremely hard to find whiskies.

Oh, and while it's not the best venue for our more casual crowd, I do recommend the Holly Hill Inn in nearby Midway, KY as an outstanding farm to table type restaurant that might appeal to "locavores."

There's also Heirloom on Midway's very charming main street that looks great (tried to get in there in April without a reservation but they were packed).

Last edited by Herb687; Oct 17, 2016 at 12:28 pm