FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:54 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pivot_chart
MR backed the property I was at and gave me the impression that I was wasting their time with my call about it.
Typical first response, sorry to say. I find CSRs are very quick to support what has happened and not want to spend any time looking into how to fix it. Ever since the beancounters got their hands on things that just can't be measured, they have been trying to measure the value of good support. I have fought that fight many years and getting management to see the intrinsic value of a service takes a lot of work.

Don't give up. Keep reporting properties that are not living up to the program specs and remind them, THEY published the specs, you're not talking about just your expectations/desires. Maybe using Twitter or Marriott Insiders will get more metrics visible. And you have the option of posing on TripAdvisor where more people will see it and maybe also get better attention by the property.