FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Top Caribbean Resort for Long Weeknd: Jumby Bay vs Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:59 pm
Bravado2112

Top Caribbean Resort for Long Weeknd: Jumby Bay vs Ritz Carlton Reserve Dorado?

Hi all - I would appreciate your feedback on this one. My wife and I are looking to take a 3-4 night "celebration" trip in November to the Caribbean. After an extremely hard year, followed by an exciting event in our lives, we're looking for a great few days to relax and decompress. We value a great pool. great service, and we really like modern/contemporary design.

After a lot of research and reading a lot of threads on here on the top Caribbean resorts, we seem to have narrowed it down to Jumby Bay and Ritz-Carlton Reserve Dorado.

Amanyara is out due to 1 bad review my wife read which has her spooked. Jade Mountain feels a little too "exotic" for us. For reference and context, we absolutely loved Viceroy Anguilla (I know the negative views but we loved the look of the resort and the sunset lounge), Rosewood Mayakoba (incredible service), St. Regis Punta Mita etc.

I'd really be curious to hear people's opinions on these 2 resorts as well as any others you think we should consider. We're traveling from NYC btw. And price isn't really an issue on this one unless you're talking about something absolutely absurd. We just want a really great long weekend.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts. Also, may be in the market for a new Virtuoso agent so would appreciate any recommendations there as well.