FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:06 pm
Handcake

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Novotel HK Nathan Road

Name of the hotel: Novotel HK Nathan Road

What is your Le Club status? Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a king bed room. Not sure the name. Was upgraded to the top floor - the lounge floor.

How are the rooms?
Very clean. Bed was okay. Pillows had a lot of choice. Bathroom was a bit small, especially the shower, but great water pressure and fast hot water.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Personalized service: I had a manager greet me, bring me up to the lounge floor for check in and I was checked in on everyday of my visit. I really liked the attention.
- Location: very close to Jordan Station. Very close walk to two other stations which are quite popular.
- Food: The restaurant food was great as was the room service. I got in late one night and I had not eaten. Room service was FAST...20 minutes and the food was fresh and tasty. Also the price was very reasonable considering HK restaurants in the vicinity.

Bad:
- Housekeeping were a bit aggressive in wanting to clean my room. HK was hot and humid and I wasn't prepared. One day I decided to stay in late and go out for late afternoon and evening time. They kept calling. That was very annoying.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Average size. I didn't eat breakfast in there as the selection was much better at the main restaurant. I did have afternoon tea twice - wasn't bad, as well, I got in for happy hour once.

I did complain about during happy hour the place was PACKED and it seemed like a few guests brought in large groups as there definitely wasn't that many people on the lounge floors total.

Also the hours of 6-8 weren't really great unless you were grabbing a pre-dinner drink.

Was my first time using a lounge at this hotel. Other hotels have had soft drinks, tea and coffee available while the lounge is open.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Drink voucher was given at check-in
- I got a fruit basket and some chocolates.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Really good value considering how expensive HK is. The location is perfect. No great views, but that isn't worth another $100+ a night for me.