FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:56 am
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
I would have asked for her shift. That's stupid and she can't just come up with her own policies on the fly.
Yeah, I didn't have any issue using a contactless payment, but I do wonder about situations like returns. Some merchants are adamant that you return the purchase to the same card number, but I wouldn't have that physical card to show them if I had used Android Pay. For instance, I was returning something for Mrs. Majuki at Zara once, and they wouldn't accept my AmEx with the last two numbers being different on the card even though it was the same account. Luckily she was elsewhere in the store to synchronize the card numbers.

It's sort of like the mindless obsession most Asian airlines have over showing the physical card used to make the booking. There are stories here on FlyerTalk of people getting turned away at check-in due to lack of having the card. What ends up happening if your card is lost or replaced, so the number changes?