FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent question re infant: ticket actually needed?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 6:09 pm
salut0

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Urgent question re infant: ticket actually needed?

I've realized I've made a stupid mistake. I booked train tickets for two adults -- paid in one direction and AGR redemption in another. I forgot to add the infant. Travel is tomorrow morning.

I must have been thinking of airlines where you can call to add an infant who's not occupying a seat.

We're planning to board using a redcap at NY Penn Station. Return trip is from BOS and we could use a redcap there if necessary.

So question is what to do:
1) Do nothing and hope they don't notice the infant in stroller who's with us.
2) Call Amtrak and see if they can add the infant to the reservations. AGR is probably closed now since it's the weekend.
3) try and deal with this at the NYP station ticket desk tomorrow AM.

My fear is that somehow they'll say if I call or deal with this at a ticket desk that they can't add the infant without canceling the adult tickets and that then rebooking will be prohibitively expensive or difficult.

I suspect a conductor wouldn't care since the infant is free anyway. But I don't want to be denied boarding for not having the infant listed on the manifest if that's somehow necessary.