FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No nuts for me....due to NRSA allergy
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:57 pm
NH_Clark

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by fastair
It's people who did not like smoke that got the laws changed to not allow smoking in public buildings in many states. It is the one that gets injured that laws are written to protect, the minorities, the weak, the downtrodden. Few protective laws are written to protect the capitalist in his ivory tower. Smoking? Great example. $350,000,000, that is what the cigarette companies agreed to pay for flight attendants for working where people smoked, in addition to paying out other class action suits as well as individual suits Guess none of them should have taken the job...oh wait, they did, and get paid! Perhaps the airlines should have learned their lesson about things that are environmental irritants to many.

None of the AA flight attendants should have taken their jobs if they were planning on being allergic to them/ How dare 400+ of them get hives from the fabric! They shouldn't have taken the job if they were planning on working in an environment where their employer would subject them to such things!

Do you honestly think that the airlines ask detailed medical questions about everything on a plane that the person may be allergic to, and then deny employment based on their medical status? Hook me up with a lawyer, I'm, finna get rich!

Should long haul pilots who are at high risk of radiation exposure not be protected from it, or should the ones with a history of cancer in their family be refused employment based on that? Let's go a step further and anyone who is at a genetic per-disposition to sickle cell anemia also be banned from employment, after all, the risk of reduced oxygen is far greater at 36,000 feet then one at sea level...
Ummm... so ban anything on a flight that anyone, crew+pax, may be allergic to. Righhtttt.... might as well shut down air travel. 😒