FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:57 am
AmsterdamChris

Originally Posted by justforfun
I had to call Lifemiles and Lufthansa(the operating carrier) 3-4 times each to finally book the infant ticket. The ultimate solution: Lufthansa had to book the ticket, but it was imperative to tell the agent you want to book an infant REVENUE ticket, not a mileage ticket. The Lufthansa agents would look at the reservation, see it's a Lifemiles award ticket, and automatically assume you want to book the infant ticket with miles and tell you to call Lifemiles. Lifemiles says they can't do it and to call Lufthansa. Back and forth and back and forth. It wasn't until I realized the distinction between an infant mileage ticket and an infant revenue(10%) ticket. Then it was a piece of cake.
Thanks Justforfun, much appreciated! Also, when they book the infant ticket, price is 10% of face value of ticket? Did they give you a bassinet? Its our first flight with baby so we curious how we secure the baby--I am concerned about turbulence