FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking frequent flyer seats on KAL
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:30 pm
floridastorm

Originally Posted by princesakura
Yes, you can do it all online without calling. I tried entering a non-gateway city (e.g. Phoenix) as the departure for an award itinerary, but the website wouldn't allow it.
Only a specific number of seats are allocated for mileage use in first and in business. So, some flights may be unavailable using mileage.
How were you able to include the departure and return from Phoenix in order to include that leg on the overall ticket? Did you have to call customer service? Or, will KAL not allow award tickets from non gateway cities? I know that Delta charges the same mileage from any city in the US. If it's 125,000 miles R/T from New York to Tokyo it's 125,000 miles from Orlando to Tokyo. Doesn't KAL work that way? If they do allow mileage usage from a non gateway city do they charge more miles than from the gateway cities? If you have to book and pay for a R/T on another airline from a non gateway city to a KAL gateway city, I wonder how you get the two checked bags for free and how you get them to automatically transfer your bags to the KAL flight as it would be if the flights were all on one KAL ticket?