FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:48 pm
justforfun

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AmsterdamChris
My wife and I will be booking firstclass JFK-BKK )one way)through Lifemiles fro January travel. Its our first time using Lifemiles so I am a bit confused of the policy for infants. We plan to bring our 4 month old son with us as "infant in lap"--I see conflicting advice in this thread so wanted to see if anyone can advise the current policy?
-first we purchase our 2 adult first class one way tickets through lifemiles
-now i get confused--do I call lifemiles do add and pay for an Infant @ 10% or do I call the actual airline(in this case it is probably Asiana) and have them do it?
This our first time flying with the baby so we definitely picked a long flight to start him off with! Do they give the baby a secure bassinet? I was concerned on how the baby would be safe in the event of turbulence
Lastly any idea of when the next lifemiles promo will be? We just missed the last one!
Thanks in advance
I had to call Lifemiles and Lufthansa(the operating carrier) 3-4 times each to finally book the infant ticket. The ultimate solution: Lufthansa had to book the ticket, but it was imperative to tell the agent you want to book an infant REVENUE ticket, not a mileage ticket. The Lufthansa agents would look at the reservation, see it's a Lifemiles award ticket, and automatically assume you want to book the infant ticket with miles and tell you to call Lifemiles. Lifemiles says they can't do it and to call Lufthansa. Back and forth and back and forth. It wasn't until I realized the distinction between an infant mileage ticket and an infant revenue(10%) ticket. Then it was a piece of cake.