FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:28 pm
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
If this change happens and reduces AA domestic tier points, it probably means I won't receive the CCR card beyond next year.

If this was in place last year, I would have earned 4375 instead of 5805 tier points. I probably would have optimised a few more bookings to push things over 5000. I've always seen the 210 over 140 as reasonable given the discomfort of flying in one of those seats for nearly the same duration as a JFK-LHR flight!

Looking at this year, I'd be on pace for about 800 tier points less, and would still clear 5000 fairly easily.

If this does change and my travel remains roughly the same, I'll probably aim for 3500 tier points instead of 5000. Given that there's no CCR in T3, I get to use the CCR at most 10 times per year, so I wouldn't likely push for 5000 unless that becomes the new renewal threshold for GGL. SH+ would be a nice way to make up for this change, but I won't hold my breath waiting.